You can find information about COVID-19 at the following websites:
United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): www.cdc.gov/COVID19
World Health Organization (WHO): www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
ACT Health Solutions provides health care services in the homes of patients who have been qualified as homebound due to limited mobility, illness, or means of transportation.
Our health care services are delivered by experienced, skilled, and trained medical practitioners. Our staff consists of both physicians and nurse practitioners(NPs).
A nurse practitioner may also be referred to as an advanced practiced registered nurse (APRN). They are medical practitioners who receive formal education, training, certification, and licensing in order to provide health care services to patients.
Medical services NP/APRNs are licensed to provide include assessing, diagnosing, and treating acute and chronic illnesses as well as prescribing medication, and ordering and interpreting lab diagnostic tests. They may, when necessary, issue a referral to receive care from a specialist. A nurse practitioner may also assist in the coordination of care with other providers or specialists.
Every effort will be made to schedule you with the same provider for each visit.
We provide health care services to Medicare beneficiaries, and other qualifying patients, who have difficulty leaving home safely and meet the necessary requirements set by Medicare.
If any of the following apply, you may be eligible to receive medical care at home:
- Difficulty walking, and leaving the home safely
- Shortness of breath caused by exertion
- Cognitive or behavioral impairment
- Leaving home requires a recovery period
- Having 2 or more chronic illness
To see if you qualify for our at-home primary care medical services, please call (813) 324-1604.
Yes, we are a certified Medicare provider.
Patients who meet the qualifications for home health care services can have the cost of services covered by Medicare. Medicare covers home health care as it would a doctor’s office visit—80% (of the allowed amount) and the remaining 20% is either billed to the patient’s secondary insurance or is the patient’s responsibility. Private insurances have their own separate qualifications and coverage limits vary depending on the policy elected.
Yes, in addition to accepting Medicare and select private insurances, we also accept self-paying patients.
Typically, we are able to schedule an initial visit for new patients within 3 days of completing the new patient registration.
This can vary based on each patient need and insurance restrictions. Your medical practitioner will determine a health management plan and discuss frequency of visits with you.
Scheduling efforts can vary on the nature of the medical need; however, our routine care management and follow-up care often minimize the need for urgent care visits.
We are currently able to provide at-home health care services to homebound patients living throughout Hillsborough County and select outlying counties.
Yes, all of our medical professionals are fully licensed for their role. We are also ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center) and Medicare certified.
We have been providing compassionate health care to patients for over 30 years.
Yes, we are able to write new and continue current prescriptions.
Due to the high volume of patients we serve, we are unable to run errands or pick up prescriptions for patients.
We do provide and coordinate select diagnostic testing services.